SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PRIORITIES
Our School Improvement Plan is driven by our vision for the school and our journey to achieving the long term aims in our Educational Strategy 2020-25. It is informed by our regular monitoring and self-evaluation of our strengths and the areas where we want to improve further.
What are our School Improvement Targets for this year?
- Embedding the Atwood approaches to the teaching of writing so that outcomes are above national, meet Fischer Family Trust 50 and move towards Fischer Family Trust 20 benchmarks.
- Improving outcomes in reading and continue to develop a positive reading culture across the school.
- Developing fluency in recall of number facts in order to improve outcomes in mathematics.
- Continuing to develop the Atwood Curriculum, including diversity and inclusion within this and in wider school life.
- Continuing to develop and strengthen leadership at all levels.
- Promoting the well-being of all stakeholders.
- Using the Catch-Up strategies and funding in order to close major learning gaps for identified pupils.
- Developing a robust safeguarding culture with specific focus around sexual violence and sexual harassment.