SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PRIORITIES
Our School Improvement Plan is driven by our vision for the school and our journey to achieving the long term aims in our Educational Strategy 2016-19. It is informed by our regular monitoring and self-evaluation of our strengths and the areas where we want to improve further.
What are our School Improvement Targets for this year?
- To strengthen leadership at all levels to ensure school improvement continues by focusing on the impact of actions.
- To improve curriculum implementation for subjects other than Reading, Writing and Mathematics, to ensure a broad and balanced curriculum with greater cross-curricular links which ensures at least a very large majority (80-96%) of pupils make good progress relative to their starting points.
- To accelerate the progress of the disadvantaged pupils in order to close the gap between them and non-disadvantaged pupils nationally (positive progress measure in reading, writing and mathematics) Increase the proportion of disadvantaged pupils working at Greater Depth in reading, writing and mathematics combined. Achieve the target of 20% for in 2018/19.
- To accelerate the progress of the SEND pupils in order to close the gap between them and non-SEND pupils nationally (positive progress measure in reading, writing and mathematics).
- To improve writing outcomes for all children with a particular focus on writing increasing the proportion of children working at ‘greater depth’, closing the gender gap by concentrating on the learning sequence, reasons for writing (including writing through other subjects and contexts), the acquisition of a broader vocabulary and the application of more accurate spelling skills.
- To generate an extra £50k in funds each year to support curriculum spending and to improve the financial stability of the School with the long term aim being to improve reserves to £100k. To work with a suitable 3rd party in order to secure capital funding to improve the school premises.