MY HOME LEARNING
home learning during school closure
We have now switched our learning platform to Google Classroom. Below you can view instructions on how to log in and how to upload work.
How to log in to Google Classroom
How to Upload Work to Google Classroom
Home Learning Provision
We do not want to overload you or the children. The following is the provision we think is best at the moment.
- Daily: A Mathematics & English task
- Weekly: A spelling, science and topic task
- Fortnightly: A Spanish and IT task for Key Stage 2
- There will also be some voluntary open ended challenges.
- We hope to set some PE activities which you might all want to join in!
- Mr Glenn was also looking to set some music learning.
Establishing a Routine and Timetable
There will be deadlines for some of the tasks to support you and your family in structuring your “working day”. We know how challenging this will be and we recommend you do try to establish a routine as much as you can.
For example, mornings could be for core learning and afternoons for more active tasks. We recommend you agree a timetable. Below is an example which you could adapt to suit your family. It will help to display this and talk it through.
Links to good Learning sites
If you would like additional learning activity sources, here are some links to start you off. We will update these are more become available.
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/- e-books but also times tables, maths games and lots more.
- https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/ - we use these resources produced by this organisation in school but this has been specifically set up for parents.
- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/parents/extra-subjects-parents/school-closures-category-free-resources-parents - many of you know Twinkle.
- https://collins.co.uk/pages/big-cat-ebooks - Link to free access to online reading books for EYFS and KS1 children and possibly some Year 3 & 4 children who have support with their reading
- https://www.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/activities/give-nature-a-home-in-your-garden/garden-activities/ Lots of lovely garden activities on the RSPB site
- https://www.stem.org.uk/home-learning/primary Starters for STEM are ten activities that parents can use at home to help children develop their science, technology, engineering and maths skills. These activities are easy-to-resource and provide children with the stimulus to talk about the world around them.
- https://www.outoftheark.co.uk/ootam-at-home/#.XoHb6k3c6JI.facebook Singing resources
- home.jasmineactive.com - PE resources - login details have been emailed to all parents
- https://www.atwoodprimary.academy/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/2020/04/Virtual-Tours.pdf Virtual tours of some museums, galleries and other attractions to share with your child
- https://www.atwoodprimary.academy/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/2020/04/Home-Learning-Resources-Links.pdf Links to home learning resources sent out by the government
- https://www.explore.org/livecams Live footage of animals - just for fun!
- https://www.thenational.academy/online-classroom An on-line resource, hosted by 40 different teachers, broken down into the different year groups and then further broken down into different subject areas.
- https://radioblogging.net/ A fun site with interactive activities.
- https://www.atwoodprimary.academy/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/2020/04/Top-Tips-to-support-reading-at-home.pdf Tips to help you support your child with home learning
- https://www.atwoodprimary.academy/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/2020/04/Routines-Planning-the-Day.pdf Guidance on how to plan your day when learning at home
- https://www.atwoodprimary.academy/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/2020/04/Read-with-Trust.pdf Tips on reading with your child
- https://www.atwoodprimary.academy/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/2020/04/Reading_with_TRUST_comic.pdf As above but in a comic strip format
- https://www.atwoodprimary.academy/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/2020/04/Talk_with_TRUST_infographic.pdf Tips on how talking to your child can enhance their learning at home
- https://www.atwoodprimary.academy/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/2020/04/Talk_with_TRUST_comic-1.pdf As above but in a comic strip format
- https://educationendowmentfoundation.org.uk/public/files/videos/EEF_Supporting_daily_routines_during_school_closures.mp4?mc_cid=7dede45ca9&mc_eid=790eb61853 Short video with guidance on supporting daily routines during school closures
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons Links to BBC Bitesize lessons
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/443343319196226/?ref=share The Friends of Atwood Facebook page where parents are sharing lots of pictures and information about lockdown activities!
- https://www.atwoodprimary.academy/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/2020/06/How-to-Upload-to-Google-Classroom.pdf How to upload work to Google Classroom
With so much activity going on online during the coronavirus outbreak, you may have concerns about online safety. For advice, tips, and guidance on what to do if you have any worries, click the link below.
HOW TO ACCESS BUSY THINGS AND JUST 2 EASY